This Award is open to FM teams, organisations and partnerships of 50 or more employees, from any sector, to demonstrate how innovation in professional development has made a significant contribution to the organisation. The scope extends to all forms of professional development for everyone in your organisation – not necessarily just targeted training for a small group.
Successful entrants will demonstrate:
> A strategic approach to professional development that links individual and team performance to the overall strategy of your organisation
> A programme tailored to the specific needs and the changing organisational priorities faced by the team
> Evidence of the links between your investment in professional development and the realisation of individual, team or organisational potential
> How your programme has attracted people into the FM sector
> How your development activities differentiate your organisation in the FM market
From the Lead Judge, Anne Kinder
“It is such a privilege to be joining the Lead Judging Team for our prestigious BIFM Awards and especially so as I will be leading a new Award Category for 2018.
The benefits of Professional Development for individuals, teams, whole organisations and our communities are well documented. Our profession is focussed on services delivered by people and so these benefits are especially relevant.
In 2018 my Team will be looking for some truly innovative Professional Development programmes that have delivered significant value to FM teams of 50 or more. We will be looking for the winning entrant to demonstrate creative and unique programmes that have proven benefits.“
Who should enter?
Entries are welcomed from innovative professional development schemes developed for Teams of 50 or more employees, working within the FM function. Your team may be in-house, a supplier or specialist service provider, or maybe a combination of employees working in partnership.
Please note that this award focuses on the size of the FM team, not the size of the organisation as a whole.
- Please write an executive summary of your entry.
- Please explain the long-term organisational strategic commitment to a culture of innovative professional development, how the strategy was developed, how it is delivered and how it aligns to your organisation’s goals and objectives. (Question is worth 20% of the overall score)
- What were the reasons behind the choice of programme elements, how were innovative solutions developed, employed and evaluated? (Question is worth 20% of the overall score)
- How was your programme delivered and how do you sustain innovation? (Question is worth 20% of the overall score)
- Please explain, with evidence including feedback and testimonials from team members and key stakeholders, how the professional development strategy contributes to individual and organisational success. (Question is worth 20% of the overall score)
- What evidence is there of the wider benefits and implications for our industry? How can you demonstrate this? (Question is worth 20% of the overall score)
The written submission for this category is worth 40% of the overall score. The presentation round is worth 60%.
JUDGING FOR THIS CATEGORY WILL TAKE PLACE IN LONDON ON 25TH & 26TH JUNE, PLEASE HOLD THESE DATES.