We are seeking applications from exceptional individuals who have been in a management position in FM for several years. This Award is a unique opportunity for individuals to showcase their exceptional management of people in the delivery of FM service excellence. This award will highlight the criticality of great management practices and the impact they have on FM service success and business outcomes.
We will look for evidence of outstanding management qualities, original thinking including the drive for success, commitment and knowledge of the industry. Our winner will demonstrate how great management in FM can help shape the direction of their business.
Candidates’ industry exposure and experience should reflect across a broad range of achievements in FM service and delivery; this includes both substantive management responsibilities and a deep-seated service ethic.
Candidates should be an inspirational role model for junior members of the FM industry, be opinion leaders pushing the boundaries of the profession, be well connected and be considered a ‘go-to’ person for work colleagues, senior company officers and industry contemporaries.
From the Lead Judge, Sarah Hodge MSc CBIFM
“The winner of the Manager of the Year Award will demonstrate and evidence truly outstanding, innovative and pioneering management practices in the delivery of FM excellence and service solutions. I am looking for an experienced FM exponent and real team player who is responsible for managing others and steering them to success. Our winner will be an ambassador for FM as a professional who understands the criticality of exceptional management to FM service outcomes and who has achieved notable career success, whilst demonstrating the highest levels of support and commitment to the wider FM profession.“
Who should enter?
I am seeking entries either from individuals who believe they meet these criteria or who are nominated by their employer, colleagues or peers as doing so.
Professionals from any type of organisation can apply, but must have a managerial level FM role and relevant managerial responsibilities including being responsible for and managing the work of others to deliver FM provision; with proven experience and achievements at this level.
- Please write an executive summary of your entry.
- Describe and evidence leading-edge innovative service delivery where real value has been added to the business through a specific initiative, service tasks or delivery programmes that show real pioneering or class-leading service impact. (Question is worth 16.6% of the overall score)
- Share with us your unique management style – with a clear description of the team, functions and examples of how your specific management qualities and practices have driven your team to succeed in delivering exceptional FM service or solutions success. (Question is worth 16.6% of the overall score)
- Evidence your organisational impact, demonstrating your influence within your organisation and what you think are your ambassadorial qualities. (Question is worth 16.6% of the overall score)
- Showcase your career highlights your key management experience and successes to date setting out your performance achievements. (Question is worth 16.6% of the overall score)
- Please explain why you think that management excellence is critical to FM service success and business outcomes – and how great management in FM can help shape and the direction of the business. (Question is worth 16.6% of the overall score)
- Demonstrate your support for the FM industry – including public profile, thought leadership and professional interests outside of their current organisation. (Question is worth 16.6% of the overall score)
The following documents should be included in your upload, these should be included in the 10-page limit.
> Personal statement
The 2018 Manager of the Year will become an ambassador for BIFM and for the profession; highlighting the value of FM and showcasing it as a career of choice. The winner will be invited to take part in a programme of activities.
The written submission for this category is worth 25% of the overall score. The presentation round is worth 75%.