Entries and nominations in this category have closed. Winners will be announced on 15 October 2018.
Now in its third year, The Leader of the Year category recognises an individual as an outstanding, inspirational leader. This professional will be immediately recognised by the industry, demonstrate clear evidence of leading people, substantive business and organisational change, inspiring others, managing relationships, building trust, together with valued, incontrovertible achievements supporting the FM profession.
Entrants to this category will be highly respected by their peers and wider industry, they will be active professionals, responsible for leading and developing tangible strategies directly linked to overall business objectives and the ever evolving demands of professional responsibilities. The successful individual must have created value through their endeavours, ongoing enterprises and overall bearing. They will be demonstrating their abilities to energise and inspire their people, clients and the wider FM profession on a public platform. Applications are welcomed from individuals directly or by nomination.
From the Lead Judge, Joanna Lloyd-Davies
“Being Lead Judge and Facilitator for this category is a great honour and privilege. As in previous years, it is appropriate to recognise the professional seniority of the entrants in this industry leading category, and we have again invited respected external Judges from broader industry to undertake the final formal judging process.
This category was created to recognise leading individuals including their overall influence in business, and to encourage their promotion of FM and related professions in a wider context. The outstanding winner of the BIFM Leader of the Year category will be invited to support the formal BIFM ambassadorial programme with planned promotional activities and endeavours.“
Who should enter?
Entrants for the Leader of the Year category will be outstanding, immediately recognised business drivers and influencers in the FM profession. We require tangible evidence of delivering cutting edge, dynamic business and successful outcomes. The winner is already an ambassador for FM and an exponent of original thinking – notable career successes will be readily acknowledged by peers. This individual is already making a significant positive impact upon the whole profession and is a widely respected, valued leader and champion.
- Please write an executive summary of your entry.
- Please provide the following information about the entrant: career experience, professional recognition to date, performance successes and achievements, including evidence of strategic development, inspiring and developing others and leading substantive change programmes resulting in clear organisational and business improvement. (Question is worth 20% of the overall score)
- Please describe the entrant’s impact both within the entrant’s organisation and the overall FM profession, how this aligns and supports influence and direction of FM within the business and in the wider profession. (Question is worth 20% of the overall score)
- What is the entrant’s overall impact in the FM industry, including public profile, thought leadership and support for the industry – moreover, the people involved – please clarify how these impacts have been measured and achieved. (Question is worth 20% of the overall score)
- Please provide a statement from the entrant/nominee on the key challenges and opportunities facing the FM profession and how they anticipate driving their ideas forward for the future. (Question is worth 20% of the overall score)
- What makes the candidate a winner? Please illustrate how the entrant will impress the Judges – please note, this will be measured on the overall quality of the submission together with evaluating the entrant at the formal interview before a panel of external judges should they progress to that stage. (Question is worth 20% of the overall score)
The following documents should be included in your upload, these should be included in the 10-page limit.
>A brief career resume, key achievements and innovations, together with other items of note
> Letter(s) of support from the employing organisation and third parties, in particular those who have benefitted or are able to support specific, outstanding achievements
> You may also wish to include a selected number of original articles or links to, papers or publications together with details of lectures and speaking events.
The 2018 Leader of the Year will become an ambassador for BIFM and for the profession; highlighting the value of FM and showcasing it as a career of choice. The winner will be invited to take part in a programme of activities.
The written submission for this category is worth 25% of the overall score. The presentation round is worth 75%.