This Award recognises the most innovative application of systems or technology in FM. Its scope is wide and can relate to service delivery, use of space, management of resources or any other area where technology has been employed to improve FM service delivery. The primary measure of success will be how the system or technology innovation was developed (technology utilised), improved processes or productivity or addressed a problem or challenge.
From the lead judge, Ross Abbate
Our industry is predominately labour intensive, therefore by innovating, through the use of technology and systems, we will able to continue to further develop our profession, and improve service for our customers and business.
We are looking for disruptive innovations, something that is truly different.
Demonstrate to us the benefits, tell us how your system, technology or invention was developed and who was involved. How did your great idea come to life? Do its advantages make it a worthwhile spend? How will you take it forward?
The winner of the category will be recognised as a truly innovative individual or organisation, one who is at the forefront out our profession.“
Who should enter?
Entries are welcomed from both suppliers to the FM profession and client organisations. It can be simple and inexpensive or the most complicated rationalisation. Entries must have evidence of results from implementation; please do not submit an entry in this category that are planned or are in development, in the process of being implemented, launched or are aspirational.
- Please write an executive summary of your entry.
- Please explain the requirement, problem or challenge which lead to the implementation or development of the technology or system. (Question is worth 14.3% of the overall score)
- Please outline the business case. (Question is worth 14.3% of the overall score)
- Please outline the technology or the system. (Question is worth 14.3% of the overall score)
- Please describe the implementation process. (Question is worth 14.3% of the overall score)
- What was the measurement of success? Please include cost-benefit analysis. (Question is worth 14.3% of the overall score)
- Please detail the wider application of the innovation in the FM industry. (Question is worth 14.3% of the overall score)
- What are the next steps for the innovation? (Question is worth 14.3% of the overall score)
The written submission for this category is worth 40% of the overall score. The presentation round is worth 60%.