A key priority of any in-house (client) FM team is to ensure that the workplace provides an employee experience which creates the very best environment possible, enabling the organisation’s employees to be both at their best and their most productive.
Employers need to attract and retain talent and to maximize the performance of their staff. A positive employee experience is fundamental to supporting this aspiration. It encompasses a wide range of elements, from the day to day “business as usual” services, to the look and feel of the workplace, wellbeing, brand synergy, collaboration and communication.
Facilities Management brings together people, place and process. It is the glue that allows an organisation to be as productive as possible and this category is seeking leading edge in-house teams. Teams who work together to maximize the potential and productivity of staff by delivering that top-class employee experience.
This award is for the in-house team that is leading the way in supporting, promoting and, ultimately, transforming the employee experience within their organisation. The judges will be seeking evidence of the success of the initiative and its impact on employee experience, verifying that excellent FM practice and performance and management has influenced the outcome. Third party feedback is welcomed.
From the Lead Judge, Julie Kortens
“Many in-house (client) teams are leading the way in demonstrating how FM can transform the employee experience in their organisation. We are really keen to hear how they add value, influence workplace strategy, employee wellbeing, culture and the overall productivity of their business. I am thrilled to be the lead judge on this category because it will highlight not only the winner but also so much of what is amazing about our profession.“
Who should enter?
The Award is for in-house (client) FM teams and functions.
All types of organisation and from any sector are eligible to apply but there must be demonstrable results. You may have undergone a recent project to transform the employee experience or are maintaining and delivering a positive employee experience.
- Please write an executive summary of your entry.
- Please provide an overview of the approach taken to enhance the employee experience. How it is aligned to your organisation and its objectives and how it contributes to the organisation’s overall productivity. (Question is worth 25% of the overall score)
- Please give evidence and examples of how clear and regular stakeholder engagement and involvement was achieved. (Question is worth 25% of the overall score)
- Provide evidence of how the FM function is reviewing and ensuring on-going effectiveness and how systems and processes are evolving. (Question is worth 25% of the overall score)
- What was the difference made to the overall employee experience? Please explain the long-term benefits, performance measures, metrics, feedback and evidence of positive change, ideally showing a direct impact on the organisation. You may use charts and other metrics and feedback. (Question is worth 25% of the overall score)
The written submission for this category is worth 25% of the overall score. The presentation round is worth 75%.