Customer experience is created from a culmination of a multitude of customer touch points, throughout the customer journey and over the term of the relationship. Whilst traditional customer service might focus on the direct physical and virtual interaction with customers, customer experience considers the entire lifecycle of a customer and all factors that could impact their awareness, understanding, attraction, purchase, service and advocacy of a brand or product/service.
Finalists in the Impact on Customer Experience category of the BIFM Awards 2018 are:
Integrated Total FM Solution – Direct Line Group Property Team in partnership with Mainstay Group & Ascot Services
In 2017, with an opportunity to relocate our offices from Broad Street to The Core, Bristol, Direct Line Group took the strategic decision to re-evaluate the vision and direction of our workspaces and building management services. We are committed to creating and maintaining inspirational workplaces that enable our employees to live and work at their best which in turn enables them to deliver a world class customer experience.
The key to delivering our vision was to find an innovative solution to our total facilities management provision.
To achieve our objectives, we identified the requirement for specialists in two areas:
- Industry leading customer service and engagement
- Real time data and analysis 24/7, to inform, manage and continually develop our building environments and maintain up-time
Each supplier was chosen for its industry specialism, but also benchmarked on set criteria including culture, capability and cost.
We are proud to be partnering with Mainstay Group and Ascot Services to deliver our innovative, industry first solution for effective onsite facilities management that fully delivers on our vision.
This unique integrated structure, operating under the single, unified team identity of Direct Line Group Property Team, is central to our strategy. Each has a contractual obligation to work with the other to provide our customers, who are our employees and guests, with a seamless, highly professional and innovate service.
Hinchingbrooke Treatment Centre , Kier Workplace Services, Prospect Healthcare (Hinchingbrooke) Ltd and North West Anglia NHS Foundation Trust
Hinchingbrooke Treatment Centre is a state-of-the-art NHS facility providing acute services for people in Huntingdon and surrounding area, including day case procedures, short stay elective surgery, outpatient and diagnostic appointments.
Kier works in partnership with Prospect Healthcare (Hinchingbrooke) and North West Anglia NHS Foundation Trust to continually seek new initiatives and make year-on-year improvements:
- 100% of planned preventative maintenance completed within specified timeframes, ensuring full operational capacity of clinical areas
- 99% of reactive estates tasks meet the contracted key performance indicators (KPIs) for response and rectification times, minimising delays or cancelled patient appointments or operations
- 92.5% of the 17,482 portering tasks received in 2017 completed within KPI times
- 99.5% of cleaning reactive tasks meet response and rectification KPIs, maintaining a clean, safe environment for visitors, patients, carers and staff
- Cleaning scores exceed the 92% national specification of cleanliness standard scores and meet infection control guidelines
- Installation of infrared motion sensors ensures lighting and air condition reverts to setback mode when not in use, resulting in £5,000 energy savings for the Trust
- 100% satisfaction received from the most recent client survey, an exceptionally high score for a treatment centre accommodating 350 patients per day.
Mitie Document Management’s Business Administration Service at White & Case
White & Case was undertaking a comprehensive review of its’ secretarial support services, aimed at creating efficiencies by optimising the use of resources and skills. For instance, highly experienced and skilled secretaries were routinely completing lower value administrative tasks. This was not the best utilisation of their time which could be better spent directly supporting fee earning activity. They asked Mitie Document Management to help. We had 5 weeks to transform to a new model.
We mapped resource profiles for new staffing and skill sets, to the clients’ new service delivery model delivering new key areas including;
• Improved response times and flexibility
• Improved connectivity between the in-house and outsourced teams
• Roles dedicated to the delivery of specific duties
• Releasing secretarial resource to better support fee earners
• Lower costs as salaries are role-relevant
We recruited and mobilised the service successfully within the required timeframe to the delight of White & Case. The service has been so successful White & Case say that they cannot imagine working the way they had before. We are extremely proud to have been shortlisted for the Impact on Customer Experience award and feel that reflects the value that this service gives to White & Case.
Commit to customers, Skanska
For over 12 years, Skanska has been providing FM services to Sherwood Forest Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (SFHT). This has helped to keep the hospitals operational and providing acute healthcare services for over 420,000 patients, 24/7, 365 days a year.
• Building a new electrical sub-station
• Creating a new corridor at King’s
From the Lead Judge, Andy Kelly
“ The Customer Experience needs to be paramount in the FM vision, mission and strategy of delivering exceptional services. In a very demanding market the competitive edge is gained by those companies who truly understand their customers’ needs and plan proactively not only to meet the expectations of their customers but to continually exceed them. Understanding the critical factors that drive service excellence is a given for any organisation that wants to be successful in retaining and attracting new customers.
In this category we will be seeking the very best examples of organisations that have managed to meet their business objectives and deliver outstanding customer experience.“